What information does Company collect about you?
We collect varied information based on how you interact with us, which Services you use, and the choices you make. We collect and process information about you with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products and services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services, including information you provide directly, information collected automatically, and information collected via third-party data sources.
When you are asked to provide information, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for certain products or features, those products or features may not be available or function correctly.
We collect information that identifies you, including your name, surname, and contact information, such as your address, email address and telephone number, when you:
• Create an account
• Register for a service
• Contact us
After you have created an account or registered for an application, we collect additional information, which may include:
• Your subscription plans and payment information
• Details about the services that you purchased or have expressed interest in
• Training and certification details
• Event attendance details
• Your communication preferences
• Communication information includes the content of any communications you send and receive through the Services, such as messages or reviews (including private reviews), communications you send and receive when you participate in any other interactive features of the Services, or your communications to or from Cuddlytails (including the content of any recorded telephone calls)
• Records of our interaction with you, where appropriate, such as service records, correspondence, details of complaints and their resolution
• Content you submitted to us, such as comments you posted in our forums
• When you make purchases through our websites, we use payment processors (Digital River, BlueSnap, PayPal, Stripe) and do not store credit card or other financial information (other than confirmation that payment in a certain amount has been made). We collect contact information from you that we pass through to the payment processor to facilitate the transaction. For more information you can contact our providers as set forth in their privacy notices.
• If you are a Service Provider, we and our third-party service providers may also collect certain personal information from you for purposes of verifying your identity or conducting a background check. Our third-party background check provider collects your social security or social insurance number to conduct a background check
• Other information
includes all other personal information you provide to us, such when you submit a job application, participate in a promotion, complete a survey, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, provide us with contact information for a referral, or otherwise communicate with us.
• Other Third-Party Information
includes information from other sources, such as partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, agencies that conduct background check or identity verification services, and publicly available sources
Information we obtain from your use of our applications: We collect information about the applications that you use and how you use them. We use this information to support our legitimate interest in improving your experience, and building better online, mobile, and desktop applications.
This information includes:
• System Information and Usage Data
We collect device-specific information, like unique device identifiers, operating system, and the type of device you use.
We collect information about how you use our applications. This includes your product ID, license information, which applications you use and for how long, your city and country from your IP address, and information about your browser.
We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
• Social Networking Data
We have pages on social networking platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter, where you can visit and communicate with us.
Our applications also include buttons, tools, or content that links to another company’s services. We collect information about your use of these features through Company Analytics tools and third-party analytics tools.
If you use a Company application that contains plugins, information can be transferred directly from your device to the social networking provider. We have no influence on the data collected by the plugin. If you are logged in to the social network, a link can be established between your user account there and the use of our application.
If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking on “Like”, “Follow” or “Share,” or by writing a comment, this information may automatically appear in your profile on the social network. Even if you are not logged in, the plugins may send your IP address to social network providers. Please note this when using our applications.
When you connect to a social networking service on a device that is also used by others, these other users are able to see information that is stored or displayed in connection with your profile on the social networking service page.
• Error data
We collect and track data on technical errors that may occur when you use our applications, if you choose to send the relevant report to us in each case. Before the report is sent to us, you will be told what information will be collected and how it will be sent to us.
• Automatic updates
We collect information that may identify you to your system administrator in connection with the automatic update process, to help your administrator determine what updates you need. This information includes your user login name, and your computer’s name or description.
• Cookies and similar technologies
We also use Company Analytics programs and third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how you use our website and applications.
We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use certain features of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
We associate any data we collect as set forth above with your personal account.
Information we collect from other parties: To help keep our databases current, and to provide you with more relevant content, experiences and offerings, we combine your personal data, as described above, with information from public sources and other companies (such as our channel partners [resellers], business contact databases, and enrichment service providers), in accordance with applicable law.
These sources can tell us about the company size and industry of our business customers and also help us maintain the accuracy of our databases.
How Does Company Use the Information it Collects About You? We use your personal data mindfully, and in useful ways, including:
• To recruit, match, and present potential placement or contest opportunities
• To validate your identity, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
• To deliver you services, products, support, or information you have requested about your application, to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
• To send you important information within the scope of our interaction with you
• To send you other information you requested
• To send you other special offers, promotions, newsletters, surveys, or other information that you have consented to receive, as long as you want them
• To support our legitimate interest in gaining a better understanding of our applications, so we can improve them and your experience
• To correct problems in our applications, as necessary to perform the contract we have with you
• To support our legitimate interest in making our ads more relevant to your interests
• To support our legitimate interest in using automated systems to analyze your data using machine learning and advanced analytics to improve our applications
• To pursue our legitimate interest in preventing and reducing fraud and software piracy
• Unless otherwise indicated, there is no statutory or contractual requirement for you to provide this data. If you do not provide this data, we might not be able to provide our services to you.
How does Company Share Your Data?
We may share the personal information we collect with third parties as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement:
• when you make or accept a booking;
• when you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services, such as creating a user profile or writing a review;
• with vendors, consultants, business partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
• if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Cuddlytails, its employees, its users (including their pets), or the public;
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, bankruptcy, dissolution, or other transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer or divestiture of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company, to the extent permitted under applicable law;
• between and among Cuddlytails and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
• on an aggregated and anonymized basis; and
• with your consent or at your direction.
How does Company Disclose Your Personal Data? To provide you the best services we can, we work with other service providers. These companies are located all over the world, and we require them to protect your privacy. They are not authorized by us to use your personal data for their own purposes. Our service providers include companies we use for may include:
• Software Maintenance & Support
• Social Media
• Market Research
• License Compliance
We may disclose your data in the following circumstances:
• When we have your consent to do so
• When we are required to do so by law, such as to respond to a subpoena or a court order
• When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud or software piracy, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property, and safety of Company, our customers, and the public
• If we merge with another company, or if we sell or reorganize part of, or all of our business, assets, or stock (including, if we file for bankruptcy). If this happens, your data will likely be transferred to the other company.
• When the data can no longer identify you. This can happen through aggregation, where your data is combined with other data to become a statistic.
How Does Company Protect Your Data?
We use a combination of reasonable physical, administrative, and technological controls to protect your data from unauthorized access or malicious actions.
We limit the access employees, contractors, and agents of Company have to your personal data to those who need to know this data to perform their assigned functions and develop or improve our products and services.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem.
How Do You Access, Update, Download, And Delete Your Personal Data? We have processes in place to maintain accurate, complete and up to date data. You have the right to access, update, delete, receive a copy of, or restrict our use of your personal data. When we process personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
• To perform these actions, log-in to your account to manage your personal data and content using our applications and services. You can also delete your personal data and close your account. We may retain certain data about you for legal and internal business purposes, such as fraud prevention, in accordance with applicable laws.
• To request a copy of the personal data in your account, please contact us. When you contact us to assist you, we may ask you to validate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Is The Personal Data You Give Us Ever Displayed Publically? As always, we urge you to be mindful when deciding to disclose personal data, including on our applications and websites. In some cases, you can limit who can view or access the information and content you post. In other cases, the information and content might be available to registered members of the application or website, or even to the general public. Your name, user name, profile image, or email address (particularly if this is your user name) may be posted along with any message or other content you post through some of our applications and websites. If you are posting information you do not want to be disclosed publicly, make sure you are using a website or application that allows you to control who sees information you have posted.
When you first install or launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. We require location information to use certain features of our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use those features. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, certain features of our mobile applications will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile application from your device.
You may choose whether you wish to receive marketing emails from Cuddlytails by updating your “Notifications” preferences under “Account Settings” in your online profile or through our mobile application. If you receive marketing emails and you wish to opt-out, you may also do so by clicking “Unsubscribe” in those emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you Service-related emails, such as those about your account or your ongoing business relationship with us.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
We may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
With your consent as required by applicable law, we may send marketing and/or service-related text messages to your mobile device. You may opt out of receiving these messages by following the prompt in an individual message or updating your “Notifications” preferences under “Account Settings” in your online profile or through our mobile application. However, if you are a Service Provider, certain Pet Care Services that you provide may require you to receive service-related messages. If you do not want to receive these service-related text messages, then in addition to adjusting your Notifications preferences, you must withdraw from providing such Pet Care Services.
Will This Privacy Statement Change?
UK and European Economic Area Data Protection Rights. If the processing of your personal data is subject to UK or EEA data protection law, then in addition to the controls listed above, you have certain rights with respect to that information:
You can request access to or rectification of your personal data.
You can request deletion of your personal data. However, please note that a request to delete your personal data may be restricted if there is a valid legal reason to retain it and may continue to be retained by third parties with whom you communicated through the Rover Service. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about your account for up to a year;
If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
You may have the right to request your personal data in a format in which it can be transferred to another provider;
You can object to our processing of your personal data if that processing is based on the “Legitimate Interests” basis set forth above; and
For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your information after your death.
How To Contact Us?
If you want to contact us, please fill contact us form on our website at https://www.cuddlytails.com/ use the following contact information. When you do so, please tell us the name of the website or application about which you are contacting us: